Sunday, September 4, 2011

New Center Rotation Chart

Sorry, I haven't posted in a while! We've been back in school 3 weeks. They've been VERY busy ones as you all know so well! My class is great! I know we're going to have a great year!
The one thing that has been a problem for me is my center rotation charts. I've had a wheel to rotate for Literacy Centers for the last few years and it has worked well. It was right behind my table so all I had to do between groups was stand up and turn it.
This year I was determined to have Math Workshop rotation also. I used a chart with clothespins to show the kids how to rotate, but it was across the room from my table. After every group, I had to walk across the room to move the clothespins on the chart. It drove me NUTS! It's not that I don't need the exercise, but it was just a huge waste of time!
I decided it was time for a combination center chart. This is the result. I think it will be exactly what I wanted!

0 comments:

Post a Comment